Useful Information

Gas Safety

The Gas Safe Safety Certificate is a legal requirement to be carried out on rented properties. The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 state that all let and managed properties must be tested annually to ensure tenant safety. Only Gas Safe registered plumbers and engineers can carry out works on gas appliances and piping. Noble living can arrange a Gas Safety certificate with our trusted contractors and once youre first check is done, we will remind you when it is due next time so you can relax and know your property is in good hands and gas safe.

Energy Performance Certificate

An EPC (Energy performance Certificate) assesses how energy efficient a property is. This can cover everything from insulation to lightbulbs! The less energy efficient a property is, the higher the energy bills will be. As of April 2018, a minimum energy efficiency standard is demanded. All rental properties must have a minimum rating of ‘E’. An EPC lasts for 10 years and you must have a valid certificate to market and rent out your property. Tenants must be provided with a copy of the EPC at the start of a tenancy. Noble Livings energy experts can carry out and issue the certificate, alongside recommendations to reduce energy use and save money.

Electrical Safety

Electrical appliances in any rented property must be tested by a qualified engineer, The Electrical Equipment (Safety) 1994 and the Plugs and Sockets (Safety) Regulations 1994 state that supplying unsafe appliances is an offence. Whilst not a legal rental requirement, in the case of an accident, failure to have complied with the regulations can result in large fines and in extreme cases, imprisonment! Landlords have a duty of care to ensure their tenants are safe and we strongly advise that Nobel Livings qualified contractors, carry out and issue the relevant paperwork to demonstrate the appliances and wiring are safe upon the commencement of your tenancy